Delicious way to diet: Can soup help you lose 18 pounds in a week?   |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- A keto diet works by eliminating sugar and starch from the diet and adding fat and protein to it
- Expert suggests that by consuming soup with a keto diet, one can boost health
- Read on to know how soup can aid weight loss in one week
New Delhi: Soup is considered comfort food in various cuisines and cultures. This is because apart from being highly nutritious, it is easy to prepare and digest. But can it help with weight loss?
Ann Louise Gittleman, author of The New Fat Flush Plan talks to Woman’s World about how soup can be an excellent food choice when working on weight management plans. According to Gittleman, by consuming soup with a keto diet, one can lose about 18 pounds in just one week! We know this might sound a bit too ambitious but if you look at it from a nutritional perspective, perhaps then it might seem like a plausible claim.
Keto and soup
A keto diet works by eliminating sugar and starch from the diet and adding fat and protein to it. This diet has gained popularity among weight loss enthusiasts and when carried out the right way, a keto diet can prove to be extremely beneficial. Despite the shortcomings of this diet caused due to the avoidance of carbohydrates, the keto diet happens to be one of the diets that people go for if they wish to experience fast results. Ann Louise talked about the keto diet and said, “I’ve found that using a healthy keto plan for anywhere from five days to five weeks gets sensational results.”
Soups are easy to prepare which makes them a healthy snack option as well. This can help keep the hunger pangs at bay. It can boost your metabolism and regulate quick fat burn which can aid weight loss. To prepare Gittleman’s soup, all you need to do is cook it with onions, like juice, sesame oil, curry powder, coconut milk, herbs, garlic, vegetables of choice, and mushrooms.
Healthy soups for your diet
Here are some healthy soups that you can add to your diet:
- Tomato soup: This is one of the most popular soup varieties and why wouldn’t that be? Its creamy and delicious flavour makes it difficult to not like it. Tomato soup is healthy for digestive and skin health.
- Cabbage soup: If you are looking for a fibre-rich soup, you need to add cabbage soup to your diet. This soup can aid digestion, reduce inflammation, and lower blood pressure levels.
- Chicken soup: Regulating a healthy protein intake is important when it comes to a keto diet and what could be q better source of protein other than chicken. However, make sure that you don’t make the soup excessively salty.
- Spinach soup: If you do not like eating your greens, consume it as a soup. Spinach is a rich source of calcium, vitamin K and D, and other nutrients. This soup can help boost immunity, digestion, and metabolism.
- Mushroom soup: Mushrooms are low in calories and high in fibre. They are rich in protein and can be used as an excellent meat substitute for vegetarians and vegans.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.