Up and at ’em, Port Jefferson! Let’s get this day started. Here’s what’s happening today in Port Jefferson.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly cloudy and breezy. High: 52, low: 51.
Here are the top 5 stories today in Port Jefferson:
- St. Charles Hospital is offering a diabetes reduction and prevention program. The Diabetes prevention series will start on Tuesday, March 8, from 6- 7:75 p.m. A lifestyle coach will be conducting the meetings. The hospital is located at 200 Belle Terre Road, Port Jefferson. Pre-registration is required by contacting 631-853-2928. (tbrnewsmedia)
- The Port Jefferson School District will host its inaugural Royals Strength and Conditioning Competition. The event will start on March 1. Earl L. Vandermeulen High School students will compete in the bench press, squat, deadlift, pullups, and 40-yard dash. The top three scores in each event will be displayed on the high school fitness center’s Strength and Conditioning Record Board. ” (PJSD)
- Port Jefferson residents can start signing up for the Village’s summer programs. It’s not too early to start to plan summer activities for the family, the village offers a variety of adult and children programs and a summer camp. A special price is offered for residents in all modalities. Click here to register. (Port Jefferson Village Center)
- Brookhaven Town Councilmember Jonathan Kornreich informed that the Town will relocate the glass recycling bins. The bins were at the parking lot across from the Three Village Inn in Stony Brook and now will be placed at the Setauket Fire Department at 394 Nicolls Rd. in Setauket-East Setauket. This new location will offer a better convenience for Town of Brookhaven residents to recycle their glass. Only glass bottles and jars are accepted. (Press Release Desk)
- Nearby News: Police are investigating a fatal crash in a Central Islip parking lot. A pedestrian, Rolando Padillacanales, was helping a truck driver back up and was struck. Padilacanales was transported to South Shore University Hospital but was pronounced dead. (smithtownmatters.com)
Today’s Port Jefferson Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
- Real Estate Roundup for Port Jefferson area. (Port Jefferson Patch)
- Port Jefferson, NY: “Brunch is BACK and better than ever at our own the club public steak house @portjeffersoncc.” (Facebook)
- Port Jefferson Free Library: “Phone System Upgrade TODAY! Please note that we will be upgrading our phone system in the main library on Tuesday, Feb. 15. All phone services will be unavailable for 1 to 4 hours beginning today at 11 a.m. ” (Facebook)
- Greater Port Jeff-Northern Brookhaven Arts Council: We have a grand lineup of films! Get a Season pass to all films ($56).” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Journey Tribute Show with ALMOST JOURNEY at Moose Lodge. (Feb. 19)
- Learn How To Reduce Your Risk For Heart Disease During American Heart Month. (Feb. 28)
- Get A ‘Taste Of Paradise’ During This Exclusive Event At Atlantis. (Feb. 28)
- Add your event
Loving the Port Jefferson Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door this Thursday! I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update.
— Debora Whitehead